Thursday, December 23, 2010

When good intentions backfire

At Dillon's last doctor appointment, the pediatrician gave him the talk about how you're not a big boy until you use the potty. He listened intently, but on the way home, he told me, "Mom, I still want to be a baby." Awesome.

Another double edged sword: He's beginning to give up his nap. Yesterday was the first day he slept in four days! Yay! No, not yay. Now, the kid is up until 9:00.

The question is: Is it better to let him sleep and stay up late, or stay up and deal with cranky baby? Here's a pic of cranky Dillon at the Winter Wonderlights.

What to do? My instincts are telling me to let him skip the nap. I don't want to give up my favorite part of my day - bedtime. Well, the few precious hours after they're in bed and I can relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment