Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Bunny Puppets

I've been wanting to make something for my niece for Easter. We always do a little something for each of the kiddos to share at Grandma's house. I saw these on Saturday and knew that was it (and the boys agreed).
(purlbee.com)

Adorable, right? There's a great little tutorial including pattern there, but because I never follow directions, I decided to go for it on my own.

The originals were made of felt, but I made mine out of super soft white fleece. I just drew it out straight on the fabric and cut away. For the accent colors (the boys each wanted orange and I decided on red for my niece), I used some left over felt from our Angry Birds Backpack Pals (found here).

I used some embroidery thread for the eyes and mouth and cut a tiny little triangle of felt for the nose. After I was done embellishing the face, I sewed the color on the ears. Next, I pinned the ears in place and sewed the whole thing together on my machine. I left just about 1/8 inch seam allowance.

At the last minute, I decided to add a couple of cute little carrots for the kids to play with.

Cute, right.

They loved putting on puppet shows for everyone. The half wall at Grandma's made a great puppet theater.
Nannersp

No comments:

Post a Comment