Monday, March 26, 2012

Embellished Flip Flops

I made these super fun little t's for my niece's sixth birthday. Read about how I made them here: http://confessionsofadesperatemom.blogspot.com/2012/03/flip-flop-t-shirts.html

Here's a pic. Don't you just love them? Me too.


I decided I needed to include a pair of flip flops to go with them. I'm so inspired by all the great little tutorials I've seen lately on Pinterest for fabric flowers. This is my favorite one.
http://pinterest.com/pin/54395107969046870/
And check out this one on the scarf.
http://pinterest.com/pin/54395107968984376/

So this is what I did. First, grab your supplies.
Flip Flops (I got these for $2.50 at Target)
Fabric Scraps
Buttons
Needle and Thread
Glue Gun

Cut your fabrics (in my case I used the same ones I used for the t-shirt appliques) into various sizes of circles. I used cotton for the top two circles and put a dot of glue to hold them together. I cut little slits into the fabric to make it look like petals. Next, put the circles into your palms and rub them together to give that worn look.

Next, I put another dot of glue to add the third layer (the pink t-shirt applique fabric from the purple tank). Cut a long thread and sew on the buttons. Use the excess to tie the flowers to the toe of each flip flop. I put a couple dots of glue under the flower to give it a little more stability (Be careful not to burn your finger like I did. Ouch!).

Makes a great little gift. Right?


Nannersp

No comments:

Post a Comment