Thursday, February 16, 2012

Cowboy Up

We have a great little community here in my neighborhood. The kids love each other and the parents, well, we like to drink together, and sit in the sun, and, and, and...

The 8 year-old down the street has this amazing suede cowboy vest that is very popular with the others. Read: They fight about who gets to wear it. Anyway, I decided to make one for each of the neighborhood kiddos for Christmas. Ambitious, I know, since I ended up making nine of them. It worked out great because on his eighth birthday, which happens to fall on Christmas Eve, said neighbor hosted a cowboy party. A little quick sewing to finish up, and I gave each of the kids their vests to wear to the party.

Today, Dillon decided Mousey (his favorite stuffed animal) needed to be a cowboy too. Check out the results.

I used microsuede I found on clearance at Joann's and borrowed the original vest to make a pattern. I cut up my pattern to make the smaller vests, so I don't have it to share. But this is a good one, if you want to make some of your own. http://www.danamadeit.com/2008/07/tutorial-and-pattern-frontier-vest.html

Bedazzle and embellish your hearts out.

No comments:

Post a Comment