Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fruit Salad. Yummy. Yummy.

OK. I HATE the Wiggles. Like, really hate. Dispise. But that song is addictive.

"Fruit salad. Yummy. Yummy." I often hear my kids changing the words. My favorite is "Poop Salad. Yucky. Yucky."

Anyway, I have been craving an egg salad sandwich for weeks (Making it was a challenge, since apparently, I don't know how to boil an egg. Don't get me started).

I said the words "egg salad" aloud and yep, the whole house busted out in song. The next thing I know, Parker decides he wants to make his own fruit salad.

Who am I to argue with a kid who wants to eat fruit. I pulled out some strawberries, mandarin oranges, dried cranberries and apples, gave him a plastic knife and he went for it.

He didn't want my help either. How cute is he?

Lunch consisted of his special fruit salad, crackers and peanut butter. He wanted to continue using the knife and made little peanut butter sandwiches.

The Wiggles are annoying, but my boy had a healthy lunch that he proudly made - all by himself.

1 comment: